Our community constitution describes how we conduct ourselves in this space. It's a work in progress and we'd like your help developing it. You can send your feedback to us at email@example.com. Here's what we have so far:
- Be respectful. Our site is open to everyone and everyone's voice is important.
- We encourage debate and differing points of view - after all, we can learn a lot that way.
- The purpose of Portico is to share knowledge and resources, so try to add value in your comments.
- We are not a commercial space, so although you may direct community members to paid services or products that can help with their work in mental health or addiction, this isn't the right place for a hard sell. No vacuum cleaners sold here, please!
- If you feel someone has misrepresented or misunderstood something, please correct mistakes with respect and with facts, preferably with links to current and up-to-date sources.
- We value your privacy, so protect personal health information.
- You can help us keep Portico discussions safe by flagging offensive or abusive comments.
How we moderate
Our goal as a community is to discuss, debate, share and learn from each other. To facilitate that, we're keeping our moderation to a minimum. But we do reserve the right to move discussions from one section to another, to moderate conflict through email or personal message, to suspend your account with notice until the conflict is resolved, or if it's very serious, to ban you from using the online community.
We reserve the right to remove posts that:
- we believe may disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
- are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
- contain swear words or other language likely to offend
- break the law or encourage unlawful activity, including breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
- are seen to impersonate someone else
- include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
- describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
- are spam (posts containing the same, or similar, message posted multiple times)
- are off-topic for the particular discussion
If you have any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org