You are here:
Back

Does depression turn to dysthymia?

Toggle
Does depression turn to dysthymia?
Answer
20/10/16 8:32 AM

Hi,

I am Cecil, staying in Toronto. For last two weeks, I am going through the worst days of my life. I had faced many problems in my life in the past, but the situation that I am in resembles hell. I don’t know what to do and where to ask for help. I was a person who used to be more social. I loved chatting with my friends and relatives. Even in between my stressful job, I used to find time in socializing. But from couple of weeks before, I found myself in a depressed state. I enquired about this to my friends, and one of them told me that, this is the starting state of depression and I need to be careful. It seems that, if I am not able to get rid of this quickly, it will turn out to be dysthymia. He also shared few of the signs and symptoms of depression http://www.drmtherapy.com/individual-therapy/depression/ . Does anyone know any treatment for this kind of depression? If I continue in this state, I am quite sure, that I will have to resign my job too. If someone over here understands my situation, please share some treatment methods. I wish I would receive few expert advices before I face any more trouble. Keep me in your prayers and support me through your suggestions.

Thanks in advance

0 (0 Rates)

RE: Does depression turn to dysthymia?
Answer
18/11/16 10:38 PM as a reply to cecil.

Hi Cecil,

Thanks for reaching out.  Here are some options:

• If you are in a crisis, please go to the nearest emergency department at a hospital or call 911 if this is an emergency.  If you are close to CAMH in downtown Toronto, you can visit the CAMH Emergency Department.
  • The Toronto Distress Line is a dedicated crisis support line: 416 408 4357
  • You can search on ConnexOntario online for services, or call their mental health helpline for how to access services nearest you in Ontario: 1-866-531-2600
  • If you need more information about how to access services at CAMH, you can call Access CAMH (Not a crisis line) to get started with understanding your options for care and treatment.

0 (0 Rates)

RE: Does depression turn to dysthymia?
Answer
18/08/17 1:25 AM as a reply to cecil.
0 (0 Rates)