Federal income assistance programs
Canada Pension Plan disability benefits
- Eligibility and application process
- Information for health professionals
- The Social Security Tribunal is a 2014 guide prepared by the BC Coalition of People with Disabilities and funded by the Law Foundation of Ontario. It helps people who are representing themselves with Canada Pension Plan Disability appeals to the Social Security Tribunal.
- Canadian Social Research Links is a comprehensive collection of information about social welfare services in Canada. The Key Provincial and Territorial Government Welfare Links pages provide brief summaries for each province.
- BC Employment and Assistance: Income support
- Employment and Assistance for Persons with Disabilities
BC Coalition of People with Disabilities
- The Direct Services page includes guides for people who are applying for, or receiving disability benefits.
Financial and social support
- The Ministry of Human Services administers programs to help unemployed or low-income individuals and families get the employment, financial and social support they need. Services range from child support and health benefits to financial support for basic living needs and career training.
- Alberta Works – Income Support. You can download tools and resources for Alberta Works clients.
- People with mental health problems may qualify for Assured Income for the Severely Handicapped.
- The Ministry of Social Services Income Assistance Delivery page provides general information, eligibility requirements and applications for all income assistance programs in Saskatchewan. See program-specific pages for more information about:
- Employment and Income Assistance (description, eligibility criteria and application process)
- Income Assistance for People with Disabilities Program (description, eligibility criteria and application process)
- Social assistance programs main page
- Ontario Works (eligibility criteria for financial assistance and employment assistance, social assistance office locator, information about applying online)
- Ontario Disabilities Support Program (eligibility criteria and application process for income supports and employment supports)
- Community Legal Education Ontario publishes ODSP Applications: Information for Professionals and Information for Clients & Families.
- The settlement.org financial assistance pages include information about Ontario Works and ODSP.
- Obtaining Financial Assistance lists support programs for low-income individuals and families.
- The Social Assistance page gives details about eligibility criteria and application processes for two last-resort financial assistance programs:
- Social Assistance Program
- Social Solidarity Program (for people with severely limited capacity for employment).
Newfoundland and Labrador
- Division of Income Support overview (eligibility criteria, application process, contact information for income supports, including disability)
- Social Assistance Program (description, eligibility criteria, regional office locations)
- Income assistance, including link to disability services
Prince Edward Island
- Social assistance, including link to supports for people with disabilities