Mental Illness Awareness Week 2014: October 5-11 Roundup
Portico Network has a selection of resources and information available for this week, and which will be released on the site throughout the week, including:
- 'What I want care providers to know' video series, including a guided discussion on the Portico forum
- Content on dual diagnoses: Featuring videos from the DD CARES Best Practice Series, as well as a selection of resources from the Portico partner site, Health Care Access Research and Developmental Disabilities (HCARRD)
- Various social media activities throughout the week, including a tweet chat with EEnet (@EEnet_news), and a tweet chat with Thought Spot (@mythoughspot). (Details below). You can follow us @porticonetwork for updates.
"What I want care providers to know" video series:
Listen to advice of clients and patients that navigated the mental health system have for care providers.
Portico co-hosted two tweetchats during MIAW. You can follow the conversation @porticonetwork for updates. The tweetchat transcript from the #MeetThoughSpot can be found on the Portico forum and the transcript from the EEnet tweetchat can be found on Symplur.
There are also some resources you can access for patients and families via CAMH, the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health:
- A directory of programs and resources at CAMH
- A section for older adults on mental illness
- Short guides for parents on mental illness
- A selection of current news and events via the CAMH website