CAMH Grand Rounds February 2018 with Dr. Henny Westra, Ph.D., C.Psych., Department of Psychology, York University.
Learning objectives: Learn to hear client change talk and counter-change talk; learn to cultivate supportive listening skills for exploring ambivalence and rolling with resistance.
- Alcohol, including conversations with alcohol researchers Nick Heather, Robin Room and Marc Schuckit at the 2017 Alcohol Symposium
- Race, Industry and Policy in the US
- Telemental health: Overiew and Do's and Don'ts
- Physician Health Program Series produced in conjunction with the OMA
- Psychiatric interviewing series with Dr. David Goldbloom
- Client perspectives and advocacy
- Psychiatrist field notes: Reflections on approaches to concurrent disorders
- Crisis planning
- Dual diagnosis (including H-CARDD / DD CARES videos)
- Mini Med School 2012 - Alcohol (Marilyn Herie); Psychosis (Dr. Kwame McKenzie); Memory and Aging (Dr. Amer Burnham) and Autism Spectrum Disorders (Yona Lunsky).
- Simulation and education
- Smoking and tobacco
- Treatments and approaches to care
- Rounds and education
- Canadian Collaborative Mental Health Care Conference
- Access to primary care
Nick Heather has published over 500 scientific articles, books, book chapters and other publications, with an emphasis on the treatment of alcohol problems and alcohol brief interventions.
Professor Room has worked on social, cultural and epidemiological studies of alcohol, drugs and gambling behaviour and problems, and studies of social responses to alcohol and drug problems and of the effects of policy changes.
Marc Schuckit, M.D. has focused on evaluating the importance of genetic influences in alcoholism, and then searching for the biological factors that might correlate or interact with the environment to produce a vulnerability toward heavy drinking and alcohol problems.