Primary Care Addiction Toolkit
This practical reference is for health care providers who work in a primary care setting and who have patients with substance use problems. Based on current clinical evidence and the extensive clinical experience of the contributors and editors, the toolkit addresses common clinical issues, as well as providing useful clinical tools and resources for patients.
The Primary Care Addiction Toolkit includes five modules:
- Fundamentals of addiction
- Dealing with alcohol problems
- Smoking cessation
- Opioid misuse and addiction
- Problem gambling
The toolkit modules are organized into topics that include:
- treatment and management.
Each module also provides:
- resources for health care providers, including downloadable tools and forms, and guidelines
- information for patients, including brochures and handouts, self-help guides, tools and apps, and contact information for helplines.