Welcome to the home of the Opioid Resource Hub (ORH or "The Hub"), a project that focuses on opioid awareness, treatment solutions, and education.
This site and its resources are intended for:
- Allied health professionals & public health
- Corrections & justice workers
- Health professionals, such as doctors, nurses and pharmacists
- Individuals supporting loved ones
- Opioid Problems: Treatment Solutions workshop participants
- People with lived experience
- School communities
The Centre for Addiction for Mental Health teamed up with the Chiefs of Ontario (COO) and the Ontario First Nations Young Peoples Council to address the harmful use of prescription opioids among First Nation youth. Check out this video public service announcement!
Some of our resources include:
- Fact sheets for people using opioids
- Opioids and Addiction: A primer for journalists
- An infographic on fentanyl
- And many more!
*également disponible en français
As part of CAMH's ongoing Mental Health In The News video series, Dr. Peter Selby, Clinician Scientist in the Addictions Division and Director of Medical Education and Dr. Daniel Mueller, Head of the Pharmacogenetics Research Clinic, discuss the rise in fentanyl overdoses and how easier access to the anti-opioid drug Naloxone can help.