Opioid Dependence Treatment Certificate Program
The Opioid Dependence Treatment Certificate Program has been developed to prepare physicians, pharmacists, nurses and counsellors to provide a comprehensive range of services for people with opioid dependence.
The certificate program consists of the Opioid Dependence Treatment Core Course (ODT) and three or four elective courses (listed below):
- Advanced Issues in Opioid Dependence Treatment Course
- Buprenorphine-Assisted Treatment of Opioid Dependence
- Concurrent Disorders in Primary Care Online Course
- Medications and Drugs of Abuse Interactions in ODT Clients Online Course
- Motivational Interviewing Introduction Course
- Opioid Dependence Treatment Core Course (ODT)
- Safe and Effective Use of Opioids for Chronic Non-cancer Pain
Participants who are not pursuing the Certificate have the option of taking elective courses independently.
Essential Knowledge for Pharmacy Technicians
This course provides key information on the complexity of opioid dependence, the interprofessional collaboration required, the regulations and policies in Ontario that govern how health care providers are to provide treatment for opioid dependence, and recommendations for effective communication with pharmacists.