Click here to see the meta data of this asset.
Adult ADHD: The primary care provider role
What to expect of a primary care clinician
- Administer brief (5-minute) screening first.
- Administer Adult ADHD Self-Report Scale and apply DSM criteria.
- Screen for comorbid conditions that may confound diagnosis or present treatment challenges.
- Initiate a psychoeducation (lifestyle changes) component as first step in treatment.
- Monitor response to medication for side-effects or lack of therapeutic response.
- Refer patient to a specialist if required.