Click here to see the meta data of this asset.
Dementia: Community and online resources
- Alzheimer Society of Canada. Information for patients, families and clinicians on developments in dementia research and local support groups, as well as regional contact information and online videos for families and caregivers.
- Canadian Coalition for Seniors' Mental Health. Tools and evidence-based guidelines on managing psychiatric problems in long-term care (focused on dementia), delirium, depression and suicide.
- Canadian Consensus Conference on the Diagnosis and Treatment of Dementia. Canadian guidelines on dementia, mild cognitive impairment and other issues related to aging and cognition.
- Dementia Guide. A resource for caregivers that explains behaviours associated with dementia and provides online tools to chart behaviours over time to evaluate interventions.
- Determining Medical Fitness to Operate Motor Vehicles. Canadian Medical Association guidelines on evaluating driving in dementia.
- Driving and Dementia Toolkit. A primary care resource that includes information on evaluating driving in dementia and provides screening questions and approaches to discussing driving safety with patients and families.
- Physician's Guide to Assessing and Counseling Older Drivers. American Medical Association guidelines for evaluating driving safety, including assessment of cognition and physical status among older drivers.
- P.I.E.C.E.S. Describes the P.I.E.C.E.S. approach, including job aids for assessment and psychotropic use.
Recommendations on screening for cognitive impairment in older adults (Canadian Task Force on Preventative Health, 2015)