The Refugee Mental Health courses and related activities were developed through the collaborative efforts of many people.
The Refugee Mental Health Project is coordinated from the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health in Toronto, Ontario. The Project staff are below.
- Dr. Kwame McKenzie, Medical Director, CAMH
- Dr. Branka Agic, Manager, Health Equity, CAMH
- Diliana Chopova - Francophone communications coordinator
- Janet Ngo - Communications coordinator
- Chantel Spade - Communications coordinator
- Erin Lee - Communications associate
Inter-professional project advisory committee
We acknowledge the members of our national advisory committee who have been involved in this project since its inception. These individuals represent the project's target audience and ensure regional and sector relevance.
The project's contributors and advisory committee members include representatives from a range of settlement and health care agencies. We thank our subject matter experts and the national interprofessional project advisory committee for dedicating their time and expertise in guiding the development of course content and for providing continued support to the course and Community of Practice. See our:
We also thank the CAMH Education Services staff for their continued support.
We are grateful for funding from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada for the development and operation of this project.
We thank the Mental Health Commission of Canada (MHCC) for having funded course enrolment for a number of service providers across Canada.
We would like to thank the professionals below for contributing their expertise in guiding and developing course content.
- Elizabeth Abraham, Manager, Interpretation and Translation Services, University Health Network
- Dr. Lisa Andermann, Staff Psychiatrist, Mount Sinai Hospital; Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, University of Toronto
- Dr. Kenneth Fung, Staff Psychiatristy and Clinical Director of the Asian Initiative in Mental Health Program, Toronto Western Hospital
- Dr. Yuliya Knyahnytska, Research Analyst, Clinical Research Department, CAMH
- Dr. Ted Lo, Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, University of Toronto
- Dr. Clare Pain, Director, Psychological Trauma Program, Mount Sinai Hospital; Associate Professor of Psychiatry, University of Toronto
- Dr. Samuel Noh, Senior Scientist, Social and Epidemiological Research, CAMH
- Dr. Laura Simich, Director of Research, Centre for Immigration and Justice, Vera Institute
- Dr. Priya Watson, Psychiatrist, Child, Youth and Family Program, CAMH