West Scarborough Neighbourhood Community Centre
The West Scarborough Neighbourhood Community Centre is much for than a human service agency. It is a place where a rich tradition of caring, serving and making things a little bit better has improved the quality of life for everyone.
"Here people, help people, help themselves"
Innovation and creativity are part of everyday experiences. Empowerment is not just a slogan, but a way of life. At the Centre, dignity and respect have become the cornerstone of all personal interaction and relationships. Everyone here aspires to contribute and everyone helps to build a better community.
"To offer neighbourhood programs and services designed to enhance the well-being of people in the context of their community, culture and environment."
The Centre practices and promotes:
- Recognition of the independence of individuals, families and community at large
- Appreciation of and sensitivity to all social and cultural groups
- Equal access, opportunities and interaction between and among all members of the community
- Initiation of new and cost efficient human service programs and projects
- Maximization of financial and human resources
- Prioritization of programs and services most essential to the well-being of individuals, families and the community
- Ongoing research, assessment and reporting of local human needs and resources
Programs and Activities
- Ontario Early Years Centres
- Creative Child & Parent Center
- Boys and Girls Club
- Youth Programs
- Youth Employment Program
- Learn to Swim
- First Aid & Babysitting Programs
- Seniors Club
- Congregate Dining
- Grocery Shopping - Transportation
Address: 313 Pharmacy Avenue, Toronto, ON M1L 3E7