YMCA Youth Substance Abuse Program
WHO WE SERVE:
· Anyone between the ages of 14 and 24 seeking support related to substance use.
WHAT WE PROVIDE:
· Free and confidential counselling from a Harm Reduction perspective, we neither condemn nor condone substance use.
· During individual counselling sessions clients typically work with a counsellor for about an hour, once a week to address personally identified goals around substance use (including but not limited to: reduce or stop using, learn about risks and harms of substance use, referral to residential treatment, etc)
· Assessment tools and referrals
· Presentations, workshops and outreach for youth, parents, and service providers to increase awareness of substance use, safety and harm reduction. These can be tailored to specific needs of a group.
· All services are free of charge, funded by the Ministry of Health and Long-term Care.
HOW TO CONTACT US:
· Young people interested in counselling are encouraged to contact us directly. After a quick initial phone call you can expect to have a first scheduled appointment within two weeks.
· Phone: Scarborough (416) 296-9907 ext. 401, Toronto (416) 504-1710
· Located in Scarborough at 230 Town Centre Court (within the YMCA gym, next to Scarborough Town Centre)
· Other locations include downtown Toronto at 485 Queen St W as well as sites in Brampton and Mississauga.
230 Town Centre Court
(within the YMCA gym, next to Scarborough Town Centre)