In smoking cessation treatment
- Facilitating smoking cessation
- Overview of nicotine replacement therapy
- Recommending nicotine replacement therapy
- Other medications for smoking cessation
- Acupuncture and hypnosis
- Smoking cessation with specific populations
- Billing for smoking cessation treatment
- Smoking cessation treatment: References
Click here to see the meta data of this asset.
Smoking cessation with specific populations
Attempt non-pharmacological strategies with all women who are pregnant and who smoke.
Suggest NRT for pregnant women who are unable to quit using non-pharmacological methods.
A useful Canadian resource for health care providers is Pregnets, which focuses on reducing the harms related to smoking during pregnancy. The site features a downloadable toolkit (PDF) for treating patients who are pregnant and who smoke, as well as information for patients.
Patients with coronary artery disease
Make smoking cessation medications available to patients with cardiovascular disease who have not been able to quit using non-pharmacological methods.
The Primary Care Addiction Toolkit: